Birmingham Holiday Events: Your Guide to November and December Fun
The Birmingham Mom Calendar includes all of these wonderful family events but it is so full that we thought a quick preview would help you plan.
November Events in Birmingham
November 11th – Veterans Day
- Downtown Veterans Day Parade at 1:30pm. This parade is recognized at the oldest and largest Veterans Day Parade in the country.
- Free performance by the Alabama Symphony at the Southern Museum of Flight @ 7pm. Call for Tickets.
- The Mystical Arts of Tibet – Sacred Music Sacred Dance at the Alys Stephens Center @7pm. Go online for tickets.
November 12th-14th – Seussical Jr. performed by Red Mountain Theatre
- Hogwart’s (Harry Potter) Night at the Birmingham Zoo. 5pm (If you like this, check out the Harry Potter Preview Party at Mcwane on November 18th and the IMAX film showing this month)
- Ruffner Mountain Storytelling and S’mores at 6:30pm.
- Free Organ Concert (the Mighty Wurlitzer) at the Alabama Theatre. 2pm.
- African Children’s Choir at the Alys Stephens Center. 3pm. Go online for tickets.
Create your holiday traditions and special memories through these Birmingham holiday events.
- Santa Express at the Heart of Dixie Railroad in Calera. Weekends at 11am and 2pm
- Holiday Film Series at the Alabama Theatre. Nightly at 7pm beginning
Dec. 13th (see the BirminghamMom.com Events Calendar for the schedule)
- Winter Wonderland, Breakfast with Santa, Polar Express PJ Parties and Snowed in Sleepovers at McWane Science Center
- Zoolight Safari at the Birmingham Zoo – don’t miss this!!
- New Shoes for Christmas and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Birmingham Children’s Theatre
- George Ballanchine’s The Nutcracker performed by the Alabama Ballet at Samford’s Wright Auditorium (don’t miss the Sugar Plum party one hour before the matinee)
- ASC Kids Club presents a Dickens Christmas at 10am, 1pm and 7:30pm on December 18th. Purchase tickets online.
- Oak Mountain Christmas supporting the Oak Mountain Band program with Carrie Tillis is December 3rd at the Alabama Theatre.
These are simply the highlights of the tried and true holiday events in Birmingham. Don’t miss the many community events like the Homewood parade on December 9th or special lighting events at The Summit (November 19th at 6:30pm) and Riverchase Galleria (November 12th at 7pm).
We wish you a very special holiday season. We know it will be especially busy for our Birmingham Moms! We’ll work hard to find more “shortcuts” so that you can spend time creating memories with your family.
For more events and activities for kids in Birmingham, visit the Birmingham Events Calendar.