If you’re buying gifts online, don’t overlook an opportunity to earn savings for college through Upromise. As long as you start your shopping from the Upromise site (and have registered with Upromise, of course), you can still enjoy all the promotional benefits being offered by the retailer. That includes sale prices, any free shipping offers, coupon codes, and on and on. In fact, nothing about your shopping experience will be different except the fact that you started at Upromise.com.
As I always say, if you’re shopping online anyway, why not bank two to eight percent for the kids’ college fund? Here are just a few of the participating retailers along with the purchase percentage contributed and a few suggestions (none listed below link directly to the websites because you must begin your shopping from the Upromise site to receive any benefit):
- Target, Kmart – 2%; clothing, toys, electronics
- Shutterfly, Snapfish – 8%; photo cards or an album for the grandparents
- Barnes & Noble, Borders – 4% through the end of the year; Elf on the Shelf, Daring Book for Girls/Boys
- Petco, PetSmart – 7%; true pet lovers always have something for Fido!
- Best Buy – 2%; electronics, DVDs, Games
- Ballard Designs -3%; Accessories for home
- American Girl – 2%; dolls and doll clothing, accessories
- Lilly’s Kids – 8% – personlizing all sorts of kid things even as Southerners were monogramming at boutiques
- Golfsmith – 3%; anything golf related, if you are a golf widow you may as well have the kids benefit
- Jcrew 2%;Gap 3%, American Eagle 2%, Limited Too 3%; for tweens and teens old enough to want clothes for Christmas
Upromise has a personalized link that you can send to family or friends so they can make their purchases with your account earning rewards. If you’ve already gotten e-mails asking for a wish list, you can respond and include your link, which will be provided to you on your Upromise secure log-in page. Web-savvy grandparents who are shopping online anyway will like knowing there is an additional benefit. And hey, if your kids have grandparents or a trust fund already covering their tuition, feel free to use my link! https://www.upromise.com/guest/2551487255.