Apparently the elves visiting homes around town have been busy over the past several days. One BirminghamMom of two says her family’s elves, Blossom and Oliver, have pulled just about every possible trick over the years they’ve been staying with her family; she laments the only things left for them to do are shoot fireworks from the roof and burn down the garden shed. This, it seems, is the hazard that comes from that slippery slope of ever-escalating elf tricks.
Some of the more tame elf antics BirminghamMoms have reported experiencing include:
- Finding “ho ho ho” written in toothpaste in the bathroom sink basin
- Noticing books shelved upside down and pictures hung from the side rather than the top
- Elves caught sitting in the car with a tell-tale empty candy bar wrapper before them
- The surprise of an elf perched atop Mom and Dad’s headboard (he must have gotten up there on a Friday night because the kids spotted him when they came to wake Mom & Dad on Saturday morning)
- Discovering an elf sitting in a cup inside the cabinet
- Noticing “Good luck on your spelling test” written on the bathroom mirror with an Expo marker
- Seeing a trail of snow down the hallway and into the kids rooms (this snow looked curiously like baking soda, which wouldn’t have been too bad since it would freshen the carpet and vacuum up easily)
My husband pointed out it will be hard for our elf to do something noticable in the house given the disarray it is in already. I feel certain our elf, Grady, is going to exact revenge for this comment. You do not want to unleash the fury of the elves.
Do you have elf antics to share? Add them through comments or e-mail . We moms have to stick together to keep our elves in line.