Readers, it’s time for one of the most enjoyable events of the year, the Annual Book Sale at the Emmet O’Neal Library in Mountain Brook on February 24 – 26, 2012. The friends of other local libraries have book sales or shops, but it’s fair to say that Emmet’s friends have elevated the book sale to a sort of festival.
It’s all about the books, of course, and raising money for a fine library. But insiders know that this library boasts a fair number of patrons who are associated with the Birmingham publishing scene, and you are bound to find some especially choice books on cooking, gardening, and decorating.
Here are highlights:
- Thursday, February 23rd 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Book Sale Preview Party. $25 donation. Wine and cheese.
- Friday, February 24th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Book Sale. Cookbook signings from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Book Sale. Sesame Street characters from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 10% off for seniors Friday and Saturday
- Sunday, February 26th from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. – half price books with basement books $10 per bag full
Worth special note: Dreamcakes truck on site – How to balance books and a cupcake?