Occasionally we’ll hear people say they’d like to find a part time position other than retail, something with a regular schedule that still allows time for other interests or obligations. We’ve learned of some part time positions at a law firm in downtown Birmingham that might be of interest to readers who are looking for a reduced work schedule. There are no benefits, however, the work schedule will be consistent (for example, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. depending on availability). Parking is provided. Here are the positions and qualifications:
Part Time Accounting Specialist – Record and review accuracy of financial transactions in the general ledger, reconcile accounts, research and resolve accounting related items, and handle other day-to-day duties as assigned.
- Experience in GL, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and reconcilement
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with spreadsheets and bookkeeping software
- Familiarity with accounting principles
- Experience complying with evolving processes and regulations
- Degree helpful but not required
Part Time Collector – Contact debtors to make payment arrangements on behalf of clients. Must be courteous, professional, and customer focused.
- Extensive customer contact experience, either face-to-face or via telephone
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to provide explanation for the call and offer payment options in a courteous, professional manner
- Strong PC skills,with ability to update files and input data during telephone call
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures, as indicated by previous work experience
If you are interested in either part time position, please send a resume to [email protected] by September 21, 2013 for consideration.